Friday, January 4, 2013

nirbhaya/ asmita...call me by any name..




A part of me has had an eternal death....set ablaze in secret! My conscience was raped long ago...I have since then only brought “a thousand trills and quivering sounds till they faint and languish by degrees, And at a distance die.”  You call me Damini, call me Nirbhaya…but never India’s daughter…for had I been that, her daughters she could protect. Let loose are her beasts to see that each day Nirbhayas are feasted upon…

I died in the thorny bushes, in the marshes of wetlands, 
between the high decibels of thousand horns, in the hands of those who grappled, groped over the meat I carried, amongst strangers,fathers, uncles, cousins and friends. The one who bore me shed tears to cleanse off the muck and chanted: "we will in tears be one!" 

your words no longer tell me I am your daughter.


******************************

16th December'2012

No comments:

Post a Comment